While briefing newsmen, the Spokesperson of the force, Olabisi Kolawole said the the authorized persons are:
1. The President, Muhammadu Buhari
2. The Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo
3. The Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki
4. The Speaker of the Federal, Honourable Yakubu Dogara
5. The Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu
6. The Deputy Speaker, Yusuf Lasun
7. The 36 State Governors
8. All Service Chiefs
9. The Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase
10. General Officers Commanding
11. Deputy Inspectors-General of Police
12. Assistant Inspectors-General of police
13. Commissioners of Police.
Kolawole said that the police would not hesitate to arrest and prosecute defaulters.
She said: “The police will not relent in their effort to carry out their duty. We will still go by the Federal government circular in implementing the directive”
She further reminded motorists to make use of the whistle-blowing platform to report police personnel who engage is extortion
“We are saying that if people were paying before they should not do that any longer,” she added.