Nigeria – Presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina has said that the multinational joint task force put together to battle the Boko Haram insurgency is expected swing into action on July 21st.
Speaking during a Vanguard interview, he said Boko Haram can’t just be kicked out as it’ll require months of elaborate planning.
“One day, the world woke up to hear that Osama bin Laden had been killed by the US Navy Seals. But did you know how long it took to plan that operation? It took 24 months of painstaking planning. Drills, simulations, all that happened until they got him.
“I am not saying it is going to take 24 months before this government breaks the back of Boko Haram. I am just telling you that planning needs to be carefully done and that is what is being done.
He said President Muhammadu Buhari is concerned about the issue.
“..Nigeria has released 21 million dollars for the joint task force. That is money Nigeria can use in other areas but it has invested 21 million dollars in that joint task force.
“That shows seriousness and I think July 21 has been picked as a date for that force to swing into action. Nobody can fairly accuse this government of not doing anything about Boko Haram. It is doing a lot and, eventually, we will see the end of insurgency.