Manchester city coach: Pep Guardiola confident Manchester city won’t be banned from the champions league for over spending.

Manchester city coach, Pep Guardiola is confident that Manchester City will not be banned from the Champions League at the end of an ongoing Financial Fair Play investigation after speaking with the club’s board.

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has said that there will be action “very soon” regarding its assessment of allegations that City broke Financial Fair Play rules.

A German media Der Spiegel, reported in November that City had set up sponsorship deals to circumvent regulations limiting how much money owners spend on a club.

 

[the_ad id=”42277″]

City responded to the report by saying there had been an “organised and clear” attempt to damage the club’s reputation and that the emails that allegedly informed the accusations had been obtained illegally.

A ban from UEFA competitions, including the Champions League, is a potential punishment if City are found guilty of FFP breaches.

The club were fined 60 million euros and subjected to squad, wage and spending caps in a 2014 settlement agreed with UEFA following a previous breach of the rules.

Guardiola says City would accept a ban but does not believe it is likely after discussions with chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak and chief executive Ferran Soriano.

He said: “We will not be banned, no. That’s what I think because I trust in my chairman, with my CEO, what they have explained to me. I trust them.

 

[the_ad id=”42905″]

“If it happens, because UEFA decides that, we will accept it and move forward.”

While City are being investigated off the pitch, the team are continuing to enjoy fine form on it, as they are currently on top of the Premier League table.

Manchester city are unbeaten in their opening 15 league games prior their visit to Chelsea on Saturday.

Be the first to comment

Advertisements