In the next few days, the entry sections of Eko bridge will be under lock-down due to investigations of worn-out bearings noticed between Alaka and Costain portion inwards Apongbon.
Not to worry, alternative routes have been provided for motorists.
In a statement signed by the Lagos State Government, the repairs will be done around Costain axis inwards Apongbon/Lagos Island, with the closure of entry from Funsho Williams Avenue, which started yesterday.
Traffic will be diverted for road users plying the route from different parts of the state.
- From Alaka to Lagos island/Apongbon: Take Iponri to Costain and connect destination through Eko Bridge.
- From Alaka service lanes: Take Bode Thomas to Eric Moore Road to Abebe Village (Nigerian Breweries) to Costain and link destination through Eko Bridge.
- From Stadium to Shitta roundabout to Adeniran Ogunsanya Road to Bode Thomas to Eric Moore to Abebe Village (Nigerian Breweries) to Costain and link destination through Eko Bridge
- From Ojuelegba: Take Tejuosho to Yaba to Murtala Mohammed Way to Oyingbo -Iddo -Otto to Idumota Bridge or Carter Bridge and connect destination.
- From Agege motor road/Ikorodu road: Take Jibowu to Herbert Macaulay Way to Adekunle to 3rd Mainland Bridge and navigate your journey.