Nigeria – Ibrahim Lamorde was on Monday removed from his position as chairman of the Economic Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
Ibrahim Magu was appointed to fill the void.
Here are 7 things you should know about him:
- He was head the of EFCC’s Economic Governance Unit (EGU) during Nuhu Ribadu term
- He was arrested on August 4, 2008 following allegations that police discovered EFCC files and a computer containing classified documents at his Abuja residence.
- During his time at the EFCC, he led investigations into the affairs of officials including former Delta Governor James Ibori and current Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
- Magu is a recipient of USG and London Metropolitan Police institute training.
- He reportedly worked with Ribadu to jail his brother-in-law and former Bank of the North chief, Shettima Bulama. Bulama was later pardoned by former President Goodluck Jonathan.
- He is a member of the investigative committee convened by National Security Adviser (NSA), Babagana Monguno on the orders of President Muhammadu Buhari to probe the procurement of arms in the Armed Forces from 2007 till now.
- He is a Chief Superintendent of Police.