Cristiano Ronaldo names Andre Silva as Portugal heir…
The 21-year-old has completed a move to San Siro and has been tipped as a successor to the Ballon d’Or winner by the man himself.
Andre Silva says he is “calm” about being decreed the heir to Portugal great Cristiano Ronaldo.
Silva, 21, has moved to San Siro from Porto in a reported €38 million move after undergoing a medical on Monday.
The striker has already racked up seven goals from eight caps in an impressive start to his burgeoning international career.
And Portugal’s current talisman Ronaldo said earlier this season he is optimistic that the Euro 2016 winners will be in good shape when he hangs up his boots due to the presence of Silva.
“When I retire, Portugal will be in good hands because they have already found a great striker: Andre Silva,” Ronaldo told Gazzetta dello Sport.
Asked what he thought about Ronaldo’s comments ahead of his move, Silva told MilanNews: “I am calm.
“I have a lot of work to do before I can express certain thoughts. No [I have not spoken to Ronaldo about the move]. I want to work hard to get closer to the words he has afforded me.”